BREAKING NEWS: SEIU members and allies defeat attempt to weaken Virginia’s first-in-the-nation workplace safety standards! Read more here, and sign up for the weekly SEIU Healthy & Safety Training today to learn how we use these standards to stay safe on the job. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 571-432-0209 to sign up for a training.
Loudoun County Employee Coronavirus Information: Important updates for Loudoun County Employees include:
- Make sure to read the Loudoun County Employee Information for Phase 3
- What do YOU need to be safe at work? Take the union’s Safety Survey!
- Click here to learn about Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. For more information on Loudoun County procedures related to the FFCRA, please refer to the county’s Administrative Policies and Procedures HR-46.
- Visit the COVID-19 Information for County Employees website for more updates
- For additional information on coronavirus in Loudoun County, visit the Loudoun Health Department’s Coronavirus page, Loudoun County News page, and the Loudoun County Closures and Operating Status website. Text LCCOVID19 to 888777 to receive text alerts from Loudoun County about COVID-19.
- Click here to read the SEIU letter to Chair Randall about the needs of county employees.
The Loudoun County Chapter of SEIU Virginia 512 is an active group of more than 140 Loudoun County general employees. We do many different jobs, including working as mental health nurses and librarians, juvenile justice staff and maintenance workers. We are united in our belief that investing in quality public services and quality jobs leads to stronger communities.
Our union was founded by county employees in 2010 to have a strong voice on the job, and to win the same respect that teachers and public safety employees have enjoyed. In that time, we have won real raises, won leave bank rights, ended unfair pay systems, protected our retirements, made our worksites safer, and more.
Loudoun members work hard to identify and advance creative solutions to deliver quality public services during difficult economic times.
The union members who serve on the Loudoun Executive Board are:
Julius Reynolds, Chair
Lisa Griebel, Vice Chair
Kate Campbell, Secretary
Christi Carmouze, Director
Brenda DeHaas, Director
Joanna Knower, Director
Patti Nelson, Director
(elected by acclamation on September 16, 2020)
The Loudoun County union Constitution and Bylaws can be found here: Loudoun County Union Constitution and Bylaws (updated bylaws, approved by membership vote August 19, 2020).
For more information about the union and our efforts to win Quality Jobs and Quality Public Services in Loudoun County, please contact the union by phone at 571-432-0209 or by e-mail at email@example.com