Union members work hard to elect champions for working people, and we work hard to hold our elected officials accountable to the people they serve. As such, we are active in government and elections at the local, state and federal level.
We advocate for policies that support working families. Good-paying jobs. Access to affordable health care. Secure retirements. Quality public services for our communities. Quality home care for all Virginians.
Union members are active politically in the following ways:
- Meeting with our elected officials to talk about important issues
- Attending a local or state budget hearing
- Participating in our endorsement process each year
- Knocking on doors for our endorsed candidates
- Going to Lobby Day in Richmond
Join the Member Action Team to get involved today! Want to hold your elected officials accountable? Want to take action? Join the union’s Member Action Teams (MATs) to get involved! MATs are active regionally across the state, working to grow the union, elect champions and hold our leaders accountable. For more information, contact Jess Brown at email@example.com