Welcome to the page for Fairfax County members of SEIU Virginia 512. Questions? Need assistance? Call your union at 571-432-0209 or email email@example.com
Fairfax County Employee Coronavirus Information: For the latest info for employees (paid leave, telework, etc.), see:
- Fairfax County has created a Pandemic Leave Chat to help county employees navigate the different options available. Click here for the chart.
- Worker Policy Updates: Fairfax County has amended the Teleworking policy and the Leave for Inclement Weather or Other Emergencies policy. Click the hyperlinks to read the new policies.
- Make sure to read the Fairfax Employee Guide to Reopening – Phase 3.
- Union members win 6 weeks of Paid Family Leave – read more here and here!
- Fairfax County HR Guide to Unemployment and the VEC
- Message re: Fairfax County Retirement Systems (April 8, 2020)
- Chairman McKay’s letter to SEIU members in response to our call for the county to take immediate steps to protect all county employees.
- For the latest information on coronavirus in Fairfax County, visit the Fairfax Health Department’s Coronavirus page and the Fairfax County Emergency Information page.
The Fairfax County Government Employees Union Chapter of SEIU Virginia 512 is a diverse and engaged union of more than 2,000 general county employees from across Fairfax County. We do many different types of jobs, ranging from social workers to maintenance workers, librarians to mental health staff, and more.
Our union was founded by county employees in 2006 to have a strong voice on the job, and to win the same respect that teachers and public safety employees have enjoyed. In that time, we have won real raises, ended unfair pay systems, saved our pensions, made our worksites safer, created jobs and more.
Fairfax members pride ourselves on being solution driven and on working with the county to deliver quality public services during difficult economic times.
The union members who serve on the Fairfax Executive Board are:
Tammie Wondong, President
Natalie Nguyen Woodruff, Vice President
Jen Parker, Secretary
Ricky Brown, Director
Brenda Butler, Director
Norm Hall, Director
Tamica Wells, Director
The Union’s Constitution and Bylaws can be found here: Fairfax County Government Employees Union Constitution and Bylaws (updated bylaws, approved by membership vote August 12, 2020).
For more information about the union and our efforts to win Quality Jobs and Quality Public Services in Fairfax County, please contact the union by phone at 571-432-0209 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org