BREAKING NEWS: SEIU members and allies defeat attempt to weaken Virginia’s first-in-the-nation workplace safety standards! Read more here, and sign up for the weekly SEIU Healthy & Safety Training today to learn how we use these standards to stay safe on the job. Email email@example.com or call 571-432-0209 to sign up for a training.
VICTORY: SEIU members win 6 weeks of Paid Family Leave for merit Fairfax County employees, effective October 10, 2020. Click here to learn more about this new paid benefit, and read about how SEIU members won Paid Family Leave in the Fairfax Connection Newspapers.
Fairfax County Employee Coronavirus Information: For the latest info for employees (paid leave, telework, etc.), see:
- Make sure to read the Fairfax Employee Guide to Reopening – Phase 3.
- Union members win 6 weeks of Paid Family Leave – read more here!
- What do YOU need to stay safe at work? Take the union safety survey!
- Need help understanding all the county and federal leave options? Click here for the Union’s Fairfax Leave Options Explained document, and call the union’s professional Member Services Team at 571-432-0209.
- Fairfax County HR Guide to Unemployment and the VEC
- Job Match/Job Reassignment Request Form
- Message re: Fairfax County Retirement Systems (April 8, 2020)
- Fairfax HR “What Employees Need to Know”: March 19, March 23, March 24, March 25, March 27, March 30, March 31, April 1, April 2, April 3, April 6, April 7, April 8, April 9 April 10, April 13, April 14, April 15, April 16, April 17, April 20, [No April 21 edition], April 22, [No April 23], April 24, April 30, May 28
- Fairfax HR COVID FAQs: March 19, March 24, March 25
- Chairman McKay’s letter to SEIU members in response to our call for the county to take immediate steps to protect all county employees.
- NOTE: The County has closed all county buildings to the public effective Friday, March 27 at 5 pm.
- For the latest information on coronavirus in Fairfax County, visit the Fairfax Health Department’s Coronavirus page and the Fairfax County Emergency Information page.
The Fairfax County Government Employees Union Chapter of SEIU Virginia 512 is a diverse and robust group of more than 2,000 general county employees from across Fairfax County. We do many different types of jobs, ranging from social workers to maintenance workers, librarians to mental health staff, and more.
Our union was founded by county employees in 2006 to have a strong voice on the job, and to win the same respect that teachers and public safety employees have enjoyed. In that time, we have won real raises, ended unfair pay systems, saved our pensions, made our worksites safer, created jobs and more.
Fairfax members pride ourselves on being solution driven and on working with the county to deliver quality public services during difficult economic times.
The union members who serve on the Fairfax Executive Board are:
Tammie Wondong, President
Natalie Nguyen Woodruff, Vice President
Carol Erhard, Secretary
Winifred Allen, Director
Ricky Brown, Director
Brenda Butler, Director
Jenny Parker, Director
The Union’s Constitution and Bylaws can be found here: Fairfax County Government Employees Union Constitution and Bylaws (updated bylaws, approved by membership vote August 12, 2020).
For more information about the union and our efforts to win Quality Jobs and Quality Public Services in Fairfax County, please contact the union by phone at 571-432-0209 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org