Fairfax County Employee Coronavirus Information: For the latest info for employees (paid leave, telework, etc.), see:
- Fairfax HR “What Employees Need to Know”: March 19, March 23, March 24, March 25, March 27, March 30, March 31
- Fairfax HR COVID FAQs: March 19, March 24, March 25
- Chairman McKay’s letter to SEIU members in response to our call for the county to take immediate steps to protect all county employees.
- NOTE: The County will be closing all county buildings to the public effective Friday, March 27 at 5 pm.
- For the latest information on coronavirus in Fairfax County, visit the Fairfax Health Department’s Coronavirus page and the Fairfax County Emergency Information page.
The Fairfax County Government Employees Union Chapter of SEIU Virginia 512 is a diverse and robust group of more than 2,000 general county employees from across Fairfax County. We do many different types of jobs, ranging from social workers to maintenance workers, librarians to mental health staff, and more.
Our union was founded by county employees in 2006 to have a strong voice on the job, and to win the same respect that teachers and public safety employees have enjoyed. In that time, we have won real raises, ended unfair pay systems, saved our pensions, made our worksites safer, created jobs and more.
Fairfax members pride ourselves on being solution driven and on working with the county to deliver quality public services during difficult economic times.
The union members who serve on the Fairfax Executive Board are:
Tammie Wondong, President
Natalie Nguyen Woodruff, Vice President
Carol Erhard, Secretary
Winifred Allen, Director
Ricky Brown, Director
Brenda Butler, Director
Jenny Parker, Director
The Union’s Constitution and Bylaws can be found here: Fairfax County Government Employees Union Constitution and Bylaws
Our latest newsletter can be found here: December 2019 Newsletter!
For more information about the union and our efforts to win Quality Jobs and Quality Public Services in Fairfax County, please contact the union by phone at 571-432-0209 or by e-mail at email@example.com