NEW: Flex Spending Accounts! Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Fairfax County employees now have options to change or add some coverages for Healthcare and Dependent Care Flex Spending Accounts without meeting the usual “qualified event” requirements. The deadline to submit the special election form is June 30, 2020. Any elections that are received by May 31st will be effective on June 1, 2020 and elections received after May 31st will be effective on July 1, 2020. Click here for the Notice/Scenarios and click here for the Form.
Fairfax County Employee Coronavirus Information: For the latest info for employees (paid leave, telework, etc.), see:
- What do YOU need to stay safe at work? Take the union safety survey!
- Need help understanding all the county and federal leave options? Click here for the Union’s Fairfax Leave Options Explained document, and call the union’s professional Member Services Team at 571-432-0209.
- NEW: Fairfax County HR Guide to Unemployment and the VEC
- Click here to take the Union’s Budget Survey to share what YOU need in the county budget to get through the pandemic safely and securely!
- Job Match/Job Reassignment Request Form
- County Executive’s Updated FY 2021 Budget Proposal
- Message re: Fairfax County Retirement Systems (April 8, 2020)
- Fairfax HR “What Employees Need to Know”: March 19, March 23, March 24, March 25, March 27, March 30, March 31, April 1, April 2, April 3, April 6, April 7, April 8, April 9 April 10, April 13, April 14, April 15, April 16, April 17, April 20, [No April 21 edition], April 22, [No April 23], April 24, April 30
- Fairfax HR COVID FAQs: March 19, March 24, March 25
- Chairman McKay’s letter to SEIU members in response to our call for the county to take immediate steps to protect all county employees.
- NOTE: The County has closed all county buildings to the public effective Friday, March 27 at 5 pm.
- For the latest information on coronavirus in Fairfax County, visit the Fairfax Health Department’s Coronavirus page and the Fairfax County Emergency Information page.
The Fairfax Office of the Sheriff is the largest Sheriff’s office in Virginia, with employees working to provide security at the courts and in the adult detention center.
We work closely with Sheriff Stacey Kincaid to ensure the safety of all community members.
The union members who serve on the Executive Board are:
Joseph Abbate, President
Open position, Vice President
Fadwa Numan, Treasurer
Josh King, Secretary
The union’s Constitution and Bylaws can be found here: Fairfax Deputy Sheriffs Union Constitution and Bylaws
For more information about the union and our efforts to win Quality Jobs and Quality Public Services, please contact the union by phone at 571-432-0209 or by e-mail at email@example.com.