UPDATED: March 31, 2020. Please check back regularly, as this page will be updated daily with relevant information for our union members, families and community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
THANK YOU to all our members for your extraordinary efforts! Public employees and health care workers are on the frontlines of containing the spread, and keeping our communities safe, healthy and just places for all. As the nation’s largest union of public service and health care workers, we are working tirelessly to support our members, our families, and our communities in this effort.
To support you in this time, your union is doing the following:
- We are calling on our employers in state and local government to provide paid leave, work flexibility, telework options, clean workplaces, child care assistance, and additional support to all employees, regardless of job status;
- We are moving all in-person union meetings to conference calls and virtual meetings, to do our part to contain the spread;
- We are sharing information, such as the 10 Steps to Preventing the Spread of Coronavirus and the Fact Sheet for Health Care Workers (also available in Armenian, Chinese, French, Hmong, Korean, Russian, Spanish, and Vietnamese), as well as info on paid leave and telework (see below).
Contact Your Union for Assistance: Union members, please contact your professional union staff if you need guidance or support, or want to help others, by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 571-432-0209 (calls will be answered Monday – Friday from 9 am – 4 pm. Messages will be checked 7 days/week), or calling staff directly.
United together in our union, we will get through this public health crisis, and advocate for a more just society for all.
Fairfax County Employee Coronavirus Information: For the latest info for employees (paid leave, telework, etc.), see:
- Fairfax HR “What Employees Need to Know”: March 19, March 23, March 24, March 25, March 27, March 30, March 31
- Fairfax HR COVID FAQs: March 19, March 24, March 25
- Chairman McKay’s letter to SEIU members in response to our call for the county to take immediate steps to protect all county employees.
- NOTE: The County will be closing all county buildings to the public effective Friday, March 27 at 5 pm.
- For the latest information on coronavirus in Fairfax County, visit the Fairfax Health Department’s Coronavirus page and the Fairfax County Emergency Information page.
Loudoun County Employee Coronavirus Information: See: SEIU letter to Chair Randall. For the latest information on coronavirus in Loudoun County, visit the Loudoun Health Department’s Coronavirus page and the Loudoun County News page. Visit the Loudoun County Closures and Operating Status website for relevant information. Text LCCOVID19 to 888777 to receive text alerts from Loudoun County about COVID-19.
Home Care Worker Coronavirus Information: For information for Medicaid providers, see the Medicaid Memo dated March 19, 2020 (including info on EVV). For information for Medicaid consumers, see the Medicaid COVID-19 one-pager. For information on providing Home Care services during the coronavirus crisis, visit this CDC website and read OSHA guidance on how to maintain safe worksites/homes. Plus: read the Fact Sheet for Health Care Workers (also available in Armenian, Chinese, French, Hmong, Korean, Russian, Spanish, and Vietnamese). For information on resources available to working families in Virginia, see: Virginia 211 or cal 2-1-1 on your phone. Lastly, click here to listen to a Virginia Public Radio story about our members on the frontlines.