Please check back regularly, as this page will be updated daily with relevant information for our union members, families and community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
THANK YOU to all our members for your extraordinary efforts! Public employees and health care workers are on the frontlines of containing the spread, and keeping our communities safe, healthy and just places for all. As the nation’s largest union of public service and health care workers, we are working tirelessly to support our members, our families, and our communities in this effort.
To support you in this time, your union is doing the following:
- We are calling on our employers in state and local government to provide paid leave, work flexibility, telework options, clean workplaces, child care assistance, and additional support to all employees, regardless of job status;
- We are moving all in-person union meetings to conference calls and virtual meetings, to do our part to contain the spread;
- We are sharing information, such as the 10 Steps to Preventing the Spread of Coronavirus and the Fact Sheet for Health Care Workers (also available in Armenian, Chinese, French, Hmong, Korean, Russian, Spanish, and Vietnamese), as well as info on paid leave and telework (see below).
Contact Your Union for Assistance: Union members, please contact your professional union staff if you need guidance or support, or want to help others, by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 571-432-0209 (calls will be answered Monday – Friday from 9 am – 4 pm. Messages will be checked 7 days/week), or calling staff directly.
United together in our union, we will get through this public health crisis, and advocate for a more just society for all.
NEW: Virginia becomes first state in the nation to pass mandatory workplace safety standards to keep workers safe from coronavirus! Contact your union at email@example.com to sign up for an SEIU Health & Safety Training to learn more.
Fairfax County Employee Coronavirus Information: For the latest info for employees (paid leave, telework, etc.), see:
- Make sure to read the Fairfax Employee Guide to Reopening – Phase 3.
- Union members win 6 weeks of Paid Family Leave – read more here!
- What do YOU need to stay safe at work? Take the union safety survey!
- Need help understanding all the county and federal leave options? Click here for the Union’s Fairfax Leave Options Explained document, and call the union’s professional Member Services Team at 571-432-0209.
- Fairfax County HR Guide to Unemployment and the VEC
- Job Match/Job Reassignment Request Form
- Message re: Fairfax County Retirement Systems (April 8, 2020)
- Fairfax HR “What Employees Need to Know”: March 19, March 23, March 24, March 25, March 27, March 30, March 31, April 1, April 2, April 3, April 6, April 7, April 8, April 9 April 10, April 13, April 14, April 15, April 16, April 17, April 20, [No April 21 edition], April 22, [No April 23], April 24, April 30, May 28
- Fairfax HR COVID FAQs: March 19, March 24, March 25
- Chairman McKay’s letter to SEIU members in response to our call for the county to take immediate steps to protect all county employees.
- NOTE: The County has closed all county buildings to the public effective Friday, March 27 at 5 pm.
- For the latest information on coronavirus in Fairfax County, visit the Fairfax Health Department’s Coronavirus page and the Fairfax County Emergency Information page.
Loudoun County Employee Coronavirus Information: Important updates for Loudoun County Employees include:
- NEW: Make sure to read the Loudoun County Employee Information for Phase 3
- What do YOU need to be safe at work? Take the union’s Safety Survey!
- Click here to learn about Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. For more information on Loudoun County procedures related to the FFCRA, please refer to the county’s Administrative Policies and Procedures HR-46.
- Visit the COVID-19 Information for County Employees website for more updates
- For additional information on coronavirus in Loudoun County, visit the Loudoun Health Department’s Coronavirus page, Loudoun County News page, and the Loudoun County Closures and Operating Status website. Text LCCOVID19 to 888777 to receive text alerts from Loudoun County about COVID-19.
- Click here to read the SEIU letter to Chair Randall about the needs of county employees.
Home Care Worker Coronavirus Information: For information for Medicaid providers, see the Consumer Directed Services Fact Sheet, Medicaid Memo dated March 19, 2020 (including info on EVV) and Medicaid Memo dated April 22, 2020. For information for Medicaid consumers, see the Medicaid COVID-19 one-pager. For information on providing Home Care services during the coronavirus crisis, visit this CDC website and read OSHA guidance on how to maintain safe worksites/homes. Plus: read the Fact Sheet for Health Care Workers (also available in Armenian, Chinese, French, Hmong, Korean, Russian, Spanish, and Vietnamese). For information on resources available to working families in Virginia, see: Virginia 211 or cal 2-1-1 on your phone. Lastly, click here to listen to a Virginia Public Radio story about our members on the frontlines.
Coronavirus Information: For the latest information, visit the CDC Coronavirus/COVID-19 website and the Virginia Department of Health website.