After interviewing the candidates, reviewing their records and questionnaires, and studying their positions on the issues, SEIU Virginia 512 members are proud to endorse the following candidates running in Virginia’s November 7 statewide election:
- Ralph Northam for Governor
- Justin Fairfax for Lt. Governor
- Mark Herring for Attorney General
Union members are proud to support Northam, Fairfax and Herring because they are champions for policies, which will lift up working families, including:
- Raising wages through supporting workers’ rights, unions and a $15/hr minimum wage
- Quality, affordable healthcare for all Virginians
- Retirement security for working people
- The Home Care Bill of Rights
- Adequate funding for local government services and employees
- Making higher education more affordable and workforce training more accessible; and more!
“Working families need champions who will make sure we’ve all got a fair shot to get ahead. Ralph Northam, Justin Fairfax, and Mark Herring have been fighting for our families their whole careers,” said SEIU Virginia 512 President David Broder.
“SEIU members know that when it comes to standing up for quality, affordable healthcare, jobs that allow you to raise a family with dignity, and making sure Virginia is an open and welcoming commonwealth with opportunities for all, there’s no one better. I know they’ll go to work everyday to fight for my family and for yours.”